Tapir Lodge is located in the northeastern Province of Sucumbíos, in the upper Ecuadorian Amazon region, within the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve, and was built in partnership with the family members of the local Siona Community. In order to meet the required and appropriate ecological standards, Tapir Lodge shares with them the Eco-tourism activities and profits. This in turn allows us to offer our guests, the best facilities in the heart of the Amazonian Rainforest.
The accommodations are first rate, offering our guests a comfortable and relaxing experience. All of the rooms have a private bathroom, with hot running water and are outfitted with water-containers providing our guests with purified water, (brought from Lago Agrio) which is perfectly safe for drinking and brushing your teeth.
All of our rooms are well ventilated, since all of the main windows of the room are open and covered with nets, eliminating the need for air conditioning or ventilators. Each room has adequate and sufficient lighting, with electrical sockets throughout (110V AB type outlets) so that our visitors may recharge their electrical devices. Tapir is also a pioneer in the use of alternative energies, being the only Lodge in Cuyabeno to use solar panels for the production of electricity; this energy is then harvested and stored in the latest generation of eco-friendly batteries, which with an inverter we can produce 110-115 V AC. This ecologically sound alternative allows for the consumption and prolonged use of this clean energy.
BIRDWATCHING: Cuyabeno is a privileged location for birding. Boasting with a bird list of more than 500 species, Cuyabeno is a delight for seasoned as well as beginner birdwatchers.
CANOEING: Located in the heart of a lagoon complex and a flooded forest, Tapir Lodge employs local dugout canoes as the primary source of transportation around the area.
CAIMAN WATCHING: When the night settles, we will take our canoe and with flashlights we will search for Caimans.
Piranha fishing, Jungle treks, Indian communities, Shamanism, Camping excursions.
ACCOMODATION: Sani Lodge accommodates a maximum of 40 guests (at the cabins), emphasizing quality rather than quantity, and thereby offering you a more intimate experience with the rainforest.
DINNING ROOM: Offers exquisite views of colourful sunsets over a beautiful lake. Every day, three exquisite meals are served for the delight of our guests. The call of a bamboo horn indicates that the food is ready.
- Capacity: 32 guests.
- 1 Bungalow with 6 double rooms. Two of them can be converted into a triple room.
- Tower one is 15 meters tall (49.2 feet) with 4 rooms, private balconies with hammocks and a spectacular view of the Amazon Rainforest.
- Tower two is also 15 meters tall (49.2 feet) with 6 rooms, private balconies with hammocks. The 6 rooms in this tower can be converted into double, triple or quadruple rooms.
- All rooms are outfitted with two twin size beds and insect nets.
- All rooms have private bathrooms with hot running water.
- All rooms are outfitted with water-containers providing our guests with purified water, safe for drinking and brushing your teeth.
- All rooms have adequate and sufficient lighting, with electrical sockets throughout (110V AB type outlets) so that our guests may recharge their electrical devices.
- All meals
- Water way transportation
- All excursions with an English speaking naturalist guide
- Transportation from / to Quito
- Entrance to parks
- Extra meals and beverages
- Cancellation/medical insurance