The Jungle Lodge El Jardin Aleman is located in Pununo/Misahualli, Napo Province, 235 km from Quito. On the way to the jungle you pass through the wonderful Andes. When you arrived to the highest point (4000 m) you go down through the subtropical cloudy forest to the tropical jungle. The Lodge is surrounded by 330 acres of protected rainforest. Additionally, the Lodge protects 264 acres of primary rainforest on the banks of Napo river. The lodge has 20 doble rooms with private bathroom and facilities.
The jungle lodge, El Jardin Aleman was opened in January 1996 and is surrounded by 125 hectares of protected primary and secondary rainforest. Apart from the hotel grounds, the lodge has an additional 100 hectares of rainforest which it protects on the banks of the Napo River. The resort is built on 5 hectares,and is located on the banks of Misahuallí River, a tributary of Napo River.
These rivers are called “White waters” which means that they or their tributaries originate in the Andes Mountains and carry sediments down the river. This is why they are relatively entrophic and they look muddy and dirty due to the stirred up sediments. The opposite is Black Water. These rivers or lakes originate in the Amazon Basin by ground or rainwater; because of weathering of plants, they are very dark but clear.
- Canoe ride on the Misahualli and Napo River.
- Visit to indigenous people who earn their living by gold panning.
- Protected Forest Misacocha.
- Visit the Indian village Muyuna and see how to prepare "chicha", a fermented yuca drink.
- Canoe ride to a Shamans home. Visit the local witch-doctor and experience a magical world.
- Hiking with your native guide who will explain the typical plants of this area and their daily use.
- Walk to the silicon mine on the Misahualli river. Silicon is a white sand used to make glass and ceramic.
- Visit a butterfly farm and learn about the life cycle of the most colourful and fragile insects..
- Walk along the Misahualli river to the small village of Pununo where we cross a suspended bridge and enter the territory of the Indian.
- Community of "Alto Pununo".
- 20 double rooms with private bathroom
- Restaurant and bar
- Jacuzzi with sun terrace
- River beach
- Satellite TV in the hall
- Laundry Service
- Private parking place
- Electricity 110V/60 Hz
- Doctor and Drugstore in 2 km
- Jungle tours in canoe and by foot
- All meals
- Water way transportation
- All excursions with an English speaking naturalist guide
- Transportation from / to Quito
- Entrance to parks
- Extra meals and beverages
- Cancellation/medical insurance